As today is International Women’s Day, I thought it would be worthwhile to dig though our archives and offer up a selection of past content focused on women and feminist issues.
Also, here’s a worthy read from The Guardian a few years back: Why is feminism out of fashion in contemporary art? And we’re wondering whether you agree.
• The challenge of exhibiting feminist art
• Where are the women? Media conference asks why women are still scarce in the industry
• Portraits of a young girl influenced by the mainstream
• Reclaiming the mainstream: Comopolitan magazine gets the alt media treatment
• And the Oscar goes to … another white guy
• The Moon Inside You: a documentary explores one woman’s quest for a happy period
• 12th & Delaware is a window into the American abortion war
• Fact not Fiction: Women Documentary Directors of the Americas
• Islam is the new black: a conversation with Sarah Maple