The Knight Digital Media Center at UC Berkeley is hosting an all expenses paid new media workshop for journalists, freelancers and educators.
The Workshop runs from July 17 -22 and offers intensive training for all aspects of multimedia news production; from basic storyboarding to hands-on instruction with hardware and software for production of multimedia stories. Participants will be organized into teams to report on a and construct a multimedia presentation based on that coverage.
Participants are will learn:
• Video recording and editing
• Photography and audio slideshows
• Audio recording and editing
• Voice coaching for narration or stand-ups
• Photoshop and Web design concepts
• Producing Adobe Flash interactive story graphics
This workshop is aimed at journalists and educators who want to expand their skills to include new media.
Accommodations, meals and tuition are fully subsidized by the Knight Digital Media Center.
Deadline for applications May 23, 2011.
For more details go to the Knight Digital Media Center website.